**Temporary process for LTC/FID applications during COVID-19 **
-Submit new/renewal application along with appropriate fee, (check or money order only) made out to “Town of Dracut” (see fee list below) via regular mail. Mail to:
Dracut Police Department
Attention: Firearms Licensing
110 Loon Hill Road
Dracut, MA 01826
-Include a photocopy of your birth certificate, passport, or Naturalization Papers.
-New Applicants must include a photocopy of a completed safety course.
-Submit your application approximately 3 months prior to the expiration date if renewing.
-All background checks will be performed.
-Your current Massachusetts driver’s license photo will be used as your LTC/FID photo. You do not need to provide this photo, we will upload it from the RMV website.
-If you are applying for a new LTC/FID you will be scheduled to be fingerprinted.
-Once all background checks are complete and your license issues, we will mail it to your current residential address.
-The regular process listed below will be utilized again as soon as possible.
- License to Carry (LTC) $100.00
- Firearm Identification Card (FID) $100.00
- Under 18 Years of Age FID Card $ 25.00
All Licenses are Valid for up to 6 Years. Over 70 Years of Age Renewal – No Cost.
All fees will be collected at time of appointment.
- Complete Application and submit to Dracut Police Dispatch. Application can be found here:https://www.mass.gov/eopss/docs/chsb/firearms/updated-ltc-fid-card-app-revised-05-19-15.pdf
- Application must be submitted for new applicants and renewal applicants.
- Firearms Clerk will notify you of your appointment date and time.
- New Applicants Must Complete Required Safety Course Before Making Appointment.
- Renewal Applicants Originally Licensed in another City of Town must Provide a Copy of Safety Course Certificate.
- On Day of Appointment Must Have:
- Identification (Driver’s License AND A Photocopy of your Birth Certificate, Passport, or Naturalization Papers)
- $100.00 Cash or Check to Town of Dracut for an LTC/FID Card
- $25 Cash or Check to Town of Dracut for an under 18 FID only.
- Original License if Renewal
- Original Certificate of Massachusetts State Police Certified Course for LTC, or Hunter Safety Course for FID. (New applicants only)
- All fees collected at time of appointment
- Processing of Applications now takes Approximately 12 Weeks.
- If Your Application is Approved and Your License is Issued, You Will Be Contacted When Your License is Ready to be Picked up.
Please direct any questions to Sgt George at 978 957-2123 x2016 or [email protected]. For additional information regarding Firearms related questions and Laws, please click on link: